Epoxy resin is a two part thermosetting liquid polymer. In order to get started, mix the resin (component A) with hardener (component B) in proportions, specified by the manufacturer.
From the moment the resin components are combined, the process begins polymerization. Depending on the type of resin, the working time varies from 20 minutes to 1.5 hours. At the same time, it is important to comply required temperature (+20-23 ℃) and humidity in the room (50-55%) for the curing process to proceed correctly.
After 6-24 hours (depending on the species, sometimes take more than 24 hours), the resin will finally harden and gain strength. The material will also become waterproof.
Epoxy resin is so multifunctional that its scope is not limited. The resin is used to make tables, furniture and furniture handles, fill floors, mirrors, paintings, lamps, coasters and candlesticks, serving sets, bags, jewelry, key rings, magnets and many other products.
The main qualities of epoxy resin products:
- strength - the product is almost impossible to break;
- lightness - products are lighter than they seem at first glance;
- the product can be given a certain shape and bend;
- the product has a shiny, perfectly smooth and hard surface
- just an incredible field for the implementation of a variety of creative ideas.